Sunday, November 28, 2010

D E F P O T E C

No, it is not a word in the Filipino dictionary.  Rather it is the 20/20 line on the eye chart that I have come to memorize from performing countless visual acuity exams!  We survived our eyecare mission.  5700 patients seen!  I think we are all looking forward to a going home for some well deserved rest and relaxation!  Today was perhaps the hottest day yet!  I tend to forget that we are actually in the month of November and NOT in the middle of summer!  Despite the heat and exhaustion, we managed to get through it as a team and worked hard right up until the last patient was seen and fitted with a pair of eyeglasses.
When I signed up to be part of the TWECS team, I was looking for a rewarding and life changing experience, something that would take me out of my comfort zone and give me a new perspective on the world.  This project has been all this and even more, and I cannot wait to add to this wonderful adventure!

Sylvie Lobreau
TWECS team member

No comments:

Post a Comment