Saturday, November 13, 2010

Finally here

Hi all:  We are finally here.  We arrived this morning about 4:30 in Manila, 14 hours after we left Vancouver. What a surprise Vancouver security was. 12 years we've been taking the hand-held Nikon Autorefractor as a carry-on and every time they freak out at the xray image and want us to turn it on in front of them, to prove that it is medical device. This time was first time I forgot the battery in the checked baggage.  So I thought I'd have a lot of explaining to do. But as luck would have it, the x ray operator didn't give either one of the autorefractors a second glance.  Meanwhile I got 7 glorious hours of blissful sleep last night  on the flight with the help of a little blue pill. Not a bad way to start a project. I gotta go now I'm crashing fast . My typing is off and I can't seem to spell right I will update more tomorrow morning when my head clears.
take care all
Dm

No comments:

Post a Comment